Towards competent and effective public management
ENAP offers public sector leaders a complete range of services with two objectives in mind:
- transforming public organizations to make them even more effective in the delivery of services to citizens;
- developing the competencies of professional and management staff who, through their leadership and inventiveness, create the State of today and tomorrow.
Above all, ENAP’s services to organizations are basically centred on public expertise that is embodied in continuing education activities, management and governance consulting services, coaching, as well as competency evaluation and career assessment.
Continuing education is one of ENAP’s niches of excellence. In response to important needs in the areas of succession development and management competencies, ENAP offers public- and parapublic-sector managers and professionals various development activities in the form of:
- institutional integration and management development programs;
- public sessions developed in response to specific and timely needs;
- specialized and customized training adapted to the specific reality of an organization or a category of personnel.
Management and Governance Counselling
With the collaboration of leading senior career public servants brought together in a single network, ENAP provides judicious strategic guidance at a time when the public sector is called upon to mobilize to face numerous issues. Restructuring, streamlining, accountability, and ethics are only a few of the concerns that could be dealt with in mandates given to ENAP and its senior consultants.
ENAP can also supply the services of a team of experts to take on different projects of organizational change, to support managers in their responsibilities and, occasionally, to overcome the lack of resources they face. Listening, adapting, professionalism, pragmatism and sharing expertise are the key values set forth by ENAP and its consultants.
ENAP offers three types of coaching to individuals who wish to define their professional objectives and reach them more quickly, to develop their full potential, competencies and talents or to step back and examine their management practices:
- development coaching, to get a greater mastery of one’s competencies and build one’s career;
- situational coaching, to learn what is necessary to improve one’s professional situation;
- integration coaching, to successfully integrate a new management function.
It also provides a team-coaching service touching upon the factors linked to its productivity and effectiveness, as well as those linked to the quality of interpersonal relations.
Evaluation and Career
ENAP is an ideal partner for everything concerning the selection of public managers as well as succession planning by identifying and developing future managers. A variety of certified tools and evaluation methods ensures the effectiveness of ENAP’s competency evaluation services. In addition to responding to organizations’ requests, ENAP offers employees interested in management the opportunity to evaluate their capacity to assume management duties.
ENAP also provides career support services. Through reflection, the use of tools measuring potential and the establishment of career development plans, ENAP supports organizations and individuals in developing talent.
A Centre with Cutting-edge Expertise
In the forefront of best practices, ENAP’s Centre expert innovation et compétences provides expertise in the development of competency profiles and in evaluation for selection, development and succession purposes.
Combining theory and practice and keeping on top of innovative practices in this field, the Centre’s specialists identify and design valid, innovative evaluation tools in accordance with the specific realities of public managers at all levels.